Why you should volunteer with The Arc?
You’ll make a difference in the lives of more than 500 clients and families by sharing your time and talents. Your contributions help enrich the quality of programming, advocacy, education, caregiver support, and more – right here in southeast Iowa.
Our main volunteer needs focus on working directly with our clients and families, or helping raise funds.
Programming Volunteer Opportunities
- Camp programming – School break day camps and summer day camps are held for children and teens.
- Sibship – A support group for kids who have a sibling with a disability to give them the opportunity to share experiences and have fun. Relies on volunteers to provide services in the community.
- Group programming – Social and developmental opportunities with individual clients and families offers a way to enrich others’ lives by sharing your passions. You’ll broaden client’s lives through leading and/or facilitating activities, teaching new skills, and providing mentorship and support.
- Daycare – The Arc’s Bill Reagan Children’s center is an inclusive daycare for children aged 0-5 years. If you love working with littles, enriching young minds, and engaging children in fun, interactive activities the daycare is a great opportunity!
Events & Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Annual fundraising events – The Arc holds several annual events – A5 Art Festival, Golf Tournament , Journey of Hope Friendship Visit, Annual Awards Ceremony and other Community Fundraisers.
- Other Opportunities – pArc and Garden maintenance, office assistance and more!
Our fundraising efforts help support our overall budget, and in turn allows The Arc to:
- Provide more comprehensive quality programming
- Offer a broader reach of clients by serving people outside of their homes
- Provides richer opportunities for inclusion in the community
- Stay connected with state and national organizations who do advocacy work on our behalf
- Support and maintain community awareness and education efforts