You’ll make a difference in the lives of more than 500 clients and families by sharing your time and talents. Your contributions help enrich the quality of programming, advocacy, education, caregiver support, and more – right here in southeast Iowa.
Our main volunteer needs focus on working directly with our clients and families, or helping raise funds.
Camp, Support Group &
Group Programming Volunteer Opportunities
- Camp programming – After school programs, school break day camps, and summer day camps are held for children and teens throughout the year.
- Sibship – A support group for kids who have a sibling with a disability to give them the opportunity to share experiences and have fun. Relies on volunteers to provide services in the community.
- Group programming – Social and developmental opportunities with individual clients and families offers a way to enrich others’ lives by sharing your passions. You’ll broaden client’s lives through leading and/or facilitating activities, teaching new skills, and providing mentorship and support.
Fundraising & Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Kinnick concessions – Work concessions during the University of Iowa football season (August-November) at home games. This is a perfect volunteer event for small groups or anyone who enjoys a college football atmosphere.
- Annual fundraising events – The Arc holds three annual fundraiser events – Art Festival, .5k
Inclusive Fun Run fundraiser, Bags Toss Tournament and silent auction fundraiser, and a pizza party dinner welcoming
Our fundraising efforts help support our overall budget, and in turn allows the Arc to:
- Provide more comprehensive quality programming
- Offer a broader reach of clients by serving people outside of their homes
- Provides richer opportunities for inclusion in the community
- Stay connected with state and national organizations who do advocacy work on our behalf
- Support and maintain community awareness and education efforts